A Trainer, Educator and Practitioner (TEP) is a psychodramatist who has met the requirements for certification by The Nordic Baltic Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry & Group Psychotherapy for the level Trainer, Educator and Practitioner. He has the right to found an institute or training program that will be recognized by The Nordic Baltic Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry & Group Psychotherapy. He works as a supervisor, teacher and trainer in psychodrama. He must prove administrative as well as organizational abilities in the construction of psychodrama programmes and in developing a market for psychodrama.
Requirements for the examination for Trainer, Educator & Practitioner
1. CP Level
The candidate must have a prior certificate on the practitioner level (CP).
2. Training Institute
The candidate is associated to a training institute recognized by The Nordic Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry & Group Psychotherapy that will sponsor him for his TEP certification.
Three years of supervised training and directing experience in psychodrama, sociometry, sociodrama and group psychotherapy after having received CP. During this period the candidate shall have achieved:
- A required minimum of 400 hrs directing in long-term psychodrama groups providing protagonist centred psychodrama. Long-term is defined as a time span of no less than 6 months with the minimum of 150 hours. The work can be in different fields such as clinical, educational and community work.
- A required minimum of 400 hrs of teaching psychodrama within a relevant institution has to be documented. This must be in connection to a TEP person or to a Board recognized institute.
- A required minimum 50 hrs of teaching outside the training institute by using psychodrama method has to be documented.
A required minimum of 200 hours of supervision over a period of at least 3 years has to be documented. The supervision must be conducted by TEPs. It can take place individually, in groups or at seminars but must be on a constant basis.
5. Supervisory Function
- The candidate must have shown skills in supervising teams and groups in the mental health field, education, community or business with a min of 100 hrs.
- The candidate must have demonstrated skills in supervising psychodrama students in training.
The supervision is provided from a psychodramatic orientation.
6. Training Program
The candidate must design, implement and evaluate a training program under close TEP supervision. The minimum length of the programme is 50 hours and half a year and should be outside the ordinary psychodrama training..
The candidate must demonstrate skills in the construction of sociograms, their analysis and application to groups, and group psychotherapy. He must also be able to construct sociometric tests and show knowledge in their application in group psychotherapy, psychodrama and sociodrama. He is required to demonstrate skills in teaching sociometry.
The candidate must write a paper about his understanding of the role of a psychodrama trainer.
The candidate must have two recommendations from persons holding a TEP title from the Nordic, the Australian and New Zealand or the American Board of Examiners, a Senior Trainer title from the British Psychodrama Association or the Belgian-Dutch Board. One of the recommendations must be from the candidate’s primary supervisor.
1. Written examination
Successful completion of a written examination lasting a whole day (12 hrs of 45 min.). This written examination demands a much more detailed knowledge of the fields tested than for CP, stressing the teaching aspects. The examination will test the student’s knowledge in the following areas of Moreno’s psychology into which the test will also be divided: History, Philosophy, Methodology, Sociometry, Ethics and Related Fields.
2. On-site session
A full day (8 hours of 45 minutes) of presentation and demonstration where the student shows his knowledge and skills around a specific topic concerning psychodrama, sociodrama, sociometry or group psychotherapy. It should include a theoretical and practical part, stressing the teaching aspects. A TEP must be present.